Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Strengths Explorer

I shared The Clifton Youth Strengths Explorer (https://www.strengths-explorer.com/) with a student. It is a simplified version of the Strengths Finder 2.0. We had the same top theme: Futuristic. This is pretty cool because it might help to explain why tutoring sessions seem to be working so well. I also have discipline, analytic, focus, and restorative in my top five themes. Not really sure what to do with these themes, except that I feel more confident to continue on the path that I am going: continue using my monthly planner, continue setting goals, continue working on making projects grow, and continue self-improving. Along with the "focus" theme, I learned that "single-mindedness" is not always such a bad thing. Having too many coals on the fire, I oftentimes feel overwhelmed and buried beneath all the projects and tasks on my ever-expanding list. So when my friend pointed out that I do tend to have a few too many things going on at once, I connect my need to have "single-minded" focus and the lack of satisfaction that comes from its antithesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment